An Exercise in Writing Metaphors: Complete the sentences to make your own metaphors.
1. The moon is a silver round pearl.
2. Freckles are red little ants when they spread across your face.
3. His arms were elastic rubber as they lifted the heavy chair.
4. The stars are crystals as they twinkle in the night sky.
5. The storm was a menace as it clawed against my window.
6. The freshly mowed lawn was a green mat.
7. The noisy children were stampeding animals as they raced through the museum.
8. I was a spy as I tiptoed across the wooden floor.
9. The river was a whirlpool as it twisted and turned down the mountain.
10. His cheeks were ripe tomatoes as he chewed the giant wad of bubble gum.